Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wo Lai Yeh (我来也)

After being working hard on my presentation today, it finally come to a pause... (Still have 2 more presentation. (>.<) )

Yesterday was the tiredness day of all.

I sacrifices my small nap, working on powerpoint like hell. Eat nothing for dinner. Still felt nothing wrong with stomach when woke up early morning.

But as soon as I got work, I'm already feeling the rumble and emptiness in my stomach intensified.Arrrggggg (>_<)

I began to wonder why the heck I put in so much effort when I could simply take one of my previous presentation or friend's presentation. Make a simply modify then simply present it? huh?

After all i never did it.

I just took a very simple breakfast after all, plain water and bread... bleh~~~

I told myself i could reward myself tonight a good meal after finish all of those work.

Unluckily, i no living in city. It is a village. Nothing good to reward overall. Although still have KFC and Pizza Hutz, I don't think i am going to reward these unhealthy fast food while i often take KFC during weekend and i never never like the big bread pizza Hut.



Searching high and low in my food cabinet. I found last CNY stock, Wo Lai Yeh (我来也)!! The hokkiens called it 'bak gua', while mandarin name is 'rougan' (肉干).


Left: Image of Bak Gua Package
Right: Inside, The Bak Gua was perfectly covered by plastic which make sure the taste never run out after keep for a long times


It's a salty sweet dried meat and normally made in the form of flat thin sheets. The normal tradition meat is pork (non Halal) or chicken (Halal). Of course, as a one of the highly popular gift during Chinese New Year.

Ok here, I could snap some pictures to share with you. (Plan to make some of my reader dropping their saliva)



It was so so tasty that I finished half of it within a few minutes.

It is good, and i found funny when i read KYspeak last time which describes the taste as "when the meat melt in mouth, it taste awesome!!"

Make me like to volunteers myself to help them advertise bak gua. Here i am..



Hahahaha, i confess i am not a good advertiser. At least i am trying to be better. Trying to post more better photo/advertisement next time...

However, this thing doesn’t come healthy if taken too much. I have been trying to resist myself not finsh too many pieces at one go. I still have 11days to go, for having a good meal in KL, thought. (Please wait me, TIME!! Don't go the DIM SUM without me!!!). Need to keep the stock until the coming day.

As far as I know, mostly bak kua can be bought from Kiew Brothers or so call Wo Lai Yeh.


Some may asking, is there any halal Bak Gua anyway. "Sure have!!" i answer, if u ask. The only stall which selling halal bak gua called Grilled to Perfection. It located at the basement food court of Pavilion KL. (Don't ask me where is Pavilion, it is stupid if u asking).

"The stall offers three types of BBQ meat: sliced beef, sliced chicken, and sambal chicken. Their are priced at RM 72-75 per KG, very similar to the market price of the non-halal versions."

For more information about Halal Bak Gua, you can go here, KYspeak:Halal Bak Gua

Well, maybe one day i will post up about how the taste on the Grilled to Perfection's Halal Bak Gua. Just patience, i will try to keep it update when i get the chance.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

This blog entry is really funny, especially the adver pix, hahaha!
Btw, the halal rougan doesn't look nice, so black!