Monday, February 25, 2008

Harmful Food in Temerloh

Some of my friends keep questioning about is the Temerloh food that bad? Here today i will post it about food in Temerloh today!!

My housemate, Khor invited me for a dinner today. He is having on call today and not convenience for him to eat in town. (Which located 8km away.) So we decide to take a light dinner near by.

When step into one of the nearest restaurant, i starting to regret... the customer in the restaurant is NIL!! Actually it is normal, since 8 of 10 reastaurant nearby also about 2 or 3 group customers only for most of times.



I never order in a Malay restaurant before, asking what we going to order before we step into. Khor suggested we see what hear what then we order that blindly. Good idea thought...

We ordered Tomyam, Tangkong and Fried Egg with meat (Forget what it call already). Overall RM16, quite expensive for place like village.



I have not much to describe the environment. Just a small and quiet village's restaurant. The place is quiet at first but disturbed by annoying prayer song when we start our dinner.


Tomyam, sour and but not spicy, come together with one big prawn. So so only


Fried Egg with meat inside, not bad, just too much tomato sauce inside.


Tangkong.... I doubt how they cook the tangkong to have this taste? Really not bad if compare with the vegetable cooked by pro chief.

But after finished our dish. I noticed me and Khor still thirst after we finished a big cup of plain water. WTF, i just realize it~~ They putting a lot of MSG or what is known as Ajinomoto!! No doubt why the taste so different than plain tangkong which cook with normal salt.

As we know large intake MSG will cause harmful to our health! How dare they do that!! Here is the quote i picked from medical article "The consumption of MSG or Ajinomoto stimulates secretion of pentagastrin acid in stomach that leads to ulcers. It can also lead to cancer... blah... blah... blah..." The word of "cancer" already scary enough, no need for more detail.

So, friends there. Are you still want to question about the food in Temerloh then? I risked my health to prove the food in Temerloh. Maybe my life shortening now. LOL. I prefer eating bread while waiting for my favorite Friday night in KL!!

1 comment:

adry said...

I'm appalled by the fact that you would say something like being disturbed by the prayer song. was that really necessary, or do you really feel that it's that annoying.

i do not know you, and i shall not judge you yet. but seriously, we've been living in this country for so many years. have you not learnt anything?